YART (Yet Another Research Tool) is a project aimed to help the research/scholarly people organise the content they collect from the www or other sources. With YART the user can create “projects” and each project will have these categories : Documents, Images, Feeds, Tasks. So just put in the related documents for a project in the Documents category and so on. Here are some of the features planned(a few are implemented) :
- Support for various document types : pdf, doc, odt…you name it.
- Support for various types of images : jpg,jpeg,gif etc..
- RSS Feed support.
- Support for Tags.
- Support for Tasks and a small scheduler.
Sourceforge.net project details : http://www.sf.net/projects/yartTo compile the project, you will need Eclipse (get it from Eclipse.org) . The yart svn (somewhat buggy code) is available at : http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=189259 And you can browse the code in svn here
The svn build supports : Text Files in Documents, JPEG files for Images, RSS Feeds and Tasks without a scheduler. Some screenshots of the current svn build :
View Project Information
Reading a Feed
- Uses swing for UI. (Using substance Look and Feel for the screenshots)
- For parsing feeds, RSSLib4J is used.
- XML is used to handle all the data files and config files.
This project(\< 20 days old) started as a “Software Engineering” lab project this semester. Feature requests, new code, bug reports, comments are welcome.